Neck Pain in Prescott, AZ: Diagnosing Your Symptoms
You may be experiencing neck pain and wonder if all neck discomfort is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be accompanied by a long list of other symptoms. The collection of symptoms provides a clue as to why you have neck pain. Here are some of the other symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck discomfort:
- Headache – This may happen because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or due to trigger points within the muscles that refer pain in the head. Impinged nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness shows that the muscles are trying to prevent movement so that no additional damage will take place to the underlying structures of the neck.
- Poor range of motion – The inability to move your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This sign implies that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision changes – This symptom suggests that injury to your neck is more than just a strained muscle or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Tiredness is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Prescott, AZ doctor of chiropractic, Dr. Weary, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Prescott, AZ, call us for a session today at (928) 778-2227!